Monday, January 24, 2011

wedding and honeymoon

So, I totally failed at the wedding. There were chicken salad sandwiches that my aunt brought. Chicken salad! It taunted me. I caved. Then, we stopped and grabbed some Burger King afterward and I got a chicken sandwich. Didn't even finish it, but I still had it.

On the honeymoon, I made a decent endeavor. We were on a cruise, so I had a lot of options...except when I didn't. Every night there was a sit-down dinner. That's the only times I failed. They had vegetarian options, but two of the times I failed, I asked the server about some aspect of the dish and his response was not positive. Once he said that the dish was "not very popular" and another time he said it was a "vegetable jello." Uh, no. I'm not going to avoid meat just to eat something that tastes like crap. But, I'd say I was 85-90% successful.

Since then, I've done ok. I had chicken in my dinner last night, but it was more convenience for my housemates not to keep the chicken separate for their food. It wasn't a huge deal...I managed.

I have a week left of the vegexperiment. I have to decide if I want to extend it or call it quits at the end of the month. Food for thought. (pun intended)

No comments:

Post a Comment