Friday, January 14, 2011

I'm getting married tomorrow

I'm getting married tomorrow. The dogs decided at 6am to play musical mattress and woke me up. See the previous sentence as to why I'm still awake. Anyway, I figured this gave me plenty of opportunity to blog again.

I failed a couple of days ago. I was trying to figure out what I could make for us for dinner, and the easiest thing to make was a boxed lasagna mix. It came with all the stuff in it, with no way to separate out the meat. Oh, well. Other than that, I've been doing really well. I love that sushi is vegetarian! I had some last night and it was sooooo good.

Back to the title of the blog: Ben and I decided *literally* five days ago what we were doing for our honeymoon. Originally, we had wanted to go to Scotland. Scotland in January, plus lack of "batter" (UK slang for money...thank google for that one) meant Scotland waits for another time. Then, we looked into cruises. There was one within reasonable driving distance that left this coming Monday. We were seriously considering it, but it was a lot of money, and I was uncomfortable spending that much on it. Granted, it included our lodging, food and entertainment for five days, but still...So then what we were going to do was a "staycation" and kind of be tourists: do things we wouldn't normally do if we had a day off. Well, our decision was to go on the cruise. The more I thought about it, and the more excited I am now that it's finalized, the more I realize it is a fabulous deal and I can live with the money we're spending.

So, why am I telling you about this? The vegexperiment is going to be tested during this cruise. Yes, they have vegetarian and pasta dishes, but I don't know what they are ahead of time, and my best option *might* be the meat dish. We'll see...they also have a sushi bar on the cruise ship, so I might be frequenting that, depending on if it's included in the cost or additional. I have a feeling it's additional, so I may not go after all. The budget for our honeymoon is essentially what we spent to go on the cruise, so there's not a lot of wiggle room for extra expenses. That means no shore excursions, but after seeing what they are (and how much), I'm pretty ok with that.

I'll update once I'm back, but for the next ten days, you won't be hearing from me. I'm still alive, just basking in the wonderfulness that is newlywed-dom. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment