Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Follow-up to the vegexperiment

Ben's uncle was talking to me over the weekend and said, "You haven't been blogging recently." Which was a shock, considering I had no idea anyone really cared whether I blogged or not. I had decided to discontinue the vegexperiment at the end of February. Though, I've seen myself tending toward it ever since. I considered, albeit slightly facetiously, giving up meat for Lent...which would have meant about a week and a half of being able to eat meat before giving it up again. As it was, I didn't give anything up. Oh, well.

I still order veggie burgers over hamburgers. I still go full days without eating meat, completely unintentionally. I haven't stopped picking the meat out of my frozen meals. It's just not entirely appetizing. :/ And I still prefer the vegetarian version of Hot Head (sometimes I even get free queso because I pass on their free guac for veggie burritos!). While some people may have to wrack their brains trying to think of a meal where they *didn't* eat meat, I have to wrack mine to think of one where I *did*.

I think the vegexperiment accomplished what I set out to discover: meat really isn't that important to me. Do I enjoy an occasionally Whopper at Burger King, barbacoa in my Chipotle, chicken tikka masala, homemade chili mac or Easter turkey/ham? You betcha. But, I am entirely content to eat my spaghetti without meatballs, my ramen sans chicken and my sushi...well, just the way it is!

Until next time should we meet, should we meat? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment